This year has flown by quite fast. Can you believe that it’s already November? I still remember bringing in the new year like it happened yesterday. I was wearing the purple dress from my 25th birthday party. My friends and I went to Live Casino and had plenty to drink. What a time. I feel like with Thanksgiving around the corner; I should list a few things I’m thankful for this year. So here we go:
- Getting over this cold. I’m not quite at 100% like I wish, but I’m fighting this beast every cough I take lol.
- My clients, returning and new. I’ve been styling for a year, and I love it! Each session is different, but the outcome is always the same; a smile is always on their faces. Since it is a new month, I’m also accepting new clients. Click here for more info!
- Money already in my account and coming my way. It could be worse. The demon called Overdraft tried to push my buttons without warning (damn you apple music and monthly maintenance fee coming out at the same time) I remember it would try me multiple times, BUT GOD LOL!
- My friends that I consider family. We get on each other’s nerves, but I wouldn’t want anybody else to pluck my nerves. We don’t talk every day, but when we link, it always a good time.
- BB, my car. She causes me hell every once in a while, but she gets me from point A to point B and so on without any problems…rn lol
- My parents. Hands down the best support system I could ask for in the world. If I come to them with an idea 99.9% of the time, they’re behind it. I will say when I was in school, it took them some time to understand why and what I was doing, but look at them TEN TOES DOWN 5 years later! I’m blessed to call them mine.
- My room. It may sound really basic, but I love everything about it. I finally have a closet and a door that closes lol. My living room/studio is wholly dedicated to SOACG and entertaining my company whenever they come over. (I might have to give a slight tour of my dungeon soon)
- Music, R&B to be specific. Lucky Daye, Snoh Aalegra, Syd, Sinead Harnett, SiR, Xavier Omär, Zae France, Ari Lennox, Jill Scott, Jazmine Sullivan *cough* wheres the new music sis *cough* no rush tho *cough*, Mikhala Jene, and BJ the Chicago Kid just to name a few that have been on heavy rotation lately.
- Chocolate. I want to thank all the kids who didn’t come to my house on Halloween. I now have plenty of Hershey’s, other chocolates, and candy left for me to finish. I hope the kids that did come by are having a great Friday lol
- The cold side of the pillow. You know what I’m talking bout. I don’t know why it happens, but I’m happy it exists lol. Combine that with a fan on blast or a cold room, a warm blanket, and one foot sticking out the covers, that’s the perfect setting for some good sleep.
- Babies & Toddlers in costumes. I was almost in tears from the cuteness that was happening last weekend. I saw a cutie dressed as Boo from Monster’s Inc when she was in her monster costume, and I almost lost it.
- Cinépolis Luxury Cinemas. I entered this contest because my PIC told suggested I do it since Breanna and Dre (the couple who put together the contest) were in the area. I get the message on Wednesday that I won. Talk about excited; this is my second time winning some contest this year. (Hopefully, I can win another before the year is up) I’ve been to a luxury movie theater before, but this one has claimed its spot at #1. From the customer service, food, four different flavors of popcorn, and bar, everything was terrific. Its a hike, but worth it. I’ll definitely be back.
- Heating Pads/Blanket. It’s self-explanatory lol. I’m looking forward to getting a weighted blanket next.
- Wigs. What’s not to love? I can throw a different one every day just because I can if I wanted to. Today my name is Jonice, and tomorrow it could be Joslynn lol. It all depends on the wig. Plus, its a protective style. We outchea, killing two birds with one stone, protecting the crown & slaying at the same time!
- Free Wifi that doesn’t need a password. I’m sure we have all been in this position before lol You go to connect to the only free wifi but then they ask for a password. It’s even worse when the employees of the store don’t know the password or the wifi is free, but its slow af, so now you just stuck.
- Happy Hour Specials.
- To-Do Lists. They have honestly made my life more organized. I get way more done now compared to last year when I barely made a list to go grocery shopping, let alone anything.
- Mimosas. The perfect way to start drinking in the morning.
- Off Days. Especially if they fall on a Friday like mine did today. Guess what I’m doing all day? N O T H I N G 🙂
- SOACG. We’ve grown together, and I look forward to how we will continue to do that along with shaking the table.
- Home Cooked Meals. I can cook, I don’t do it as often as I should. I’m getting better, though. I’m always looking for something new to cook when I’m in the mood. My favorite home-cooked meal is anything my father makes lol.
- My Family. Both sides of my family bring something different to the table. They’re crazy, hilarious, they know how to have a great time, and most importantly, the love is always there!
- The fact that I’m breathing right now. I don’t take it for granted. Being able to breathe allows us to make bigger and better moves towards what we want. Somebody didn’t get the chance to do that today, so I give thanks for that alone every single chance I get. Do you?
- Life. At times it may seem like the world may be crashing down if one thing or a few things don’t go right, and then the highs make you forget all about those times. It’s a wild roller coaster that we ride till the wheels fall off. We take every twist and turn no matter how hard it flips and jerks us, but in the end, we’ll look back and think “that wasn’t too bad” because we survived. Will there be more ahead of us? Of course, but we’ve been through it (something similar) before, so it won’t be as bad as long as we enjoy the ride.
- YOU. Thank you for being here. Thank you for your support. Thank you for making it to Friday. Thank you for not giving up. Thank you for being who you are. I’m sure I’m not the only one that feels this way!
If you read the entire list, whew, THANK YOU! It’s been on my heart to list what I’m thankful for a few weeks now. I’m thankful for so much more, but if I listed all that we’d be here all weekend lol. I want you all to take some time to list a few things you are thankful for this weekend then share it. Challenge someone else to do it with you. Thanksgiving shouldn’t be the only time we give thanks. Life is too good!
Enjoy your weekend + be safe
See you int he next one